Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pelican by Barbara Haviland | Barbara Haviland - Blog

Pelican by Barbara Haviland | Barbara Haviland - Blog

The pelican is done on a gallery wrap canvas and was done with a knife. I have lots of textures with the paint.  The sides complete the painting. It is available here.  We are so lucky to have these lovely birds to watch where I live. The background is done with Ultramarine Blue,Cobalt Blue, and Cerulean Blue + white.  I used blues and greys for the bird.
http://barbarahavilandfineart.com/works/857658/pelican

1 comment:

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Im working on a larger landscape now using only the knife. It's so challenging for me! Love this little guy. Brown pelicans are one of my favorites.

Egret in Flight by Barbara Haviland

Egret in Flight is done in oils on an 9"x12" canvas panel. I Have framed the piece.  He is  available for you now.  He is in my p...